Grow on Buildings
Exeter Science Park Limited
Form of Contract
NEC Option A
17000 sqft (divided into two) & 10,000 sqft
The design and construction of two new science buildings in the heart of Exeter. The construction consists of a new build steel framed structure, concrete planks for floor, façade treatments carrying from curtain walling, brickwork and fenestration.
Industrial units with CAT A fit out allow for tenant’s own design.
Extremely space efficient buildings. Built without compromise to a tightly defined budget, yet they’ve achieved an excellent 85% net-to-gross floor area.
Designed with carefully placed cores and primary circulation space which does not reduce the usable area. Flexible floorplans, easily divide-able with vital services already located for whichever configuration is adopted.
Since the users may have limited-time tenancies in the buildings, the space provides a significant degree of flexibility during its life to allow the building to be subdivided in a number of configurations/uses and offering everything from a single-occupier double-storey unit of 1600 sqm to 12 single-storey units of 200 sqm each.
Science Building 1
Detached unit with the following features:
- Flexible two storey building
- Gross area – up to 9,000 sq ft
- Offices or Laboratory space
- Raised floors, for floor boxes and cabling
- Suspended ceiling with inset modern (LG7) lighting
- Air-conditioning or natural ventilation options
- Raised floor with anti-static covering and suspended ceiling suitable for extract systems
- Access for the disabled, either ground floor or via lift – including Disability discrimination act compliant WC facilities
The Grow-on spaces are the first stand-alone B1(b) Research and Development units on the Park, providing flexible accommodation options for office and/or laboratory use.
The new build facility aimed at users who have progressed beyond the initial research stages of business, and now require larger premises to develop further, whilst remaining within the Science Park campus and its environment of innovation.
Science Building 2
The building can be delivered as either a detached standalone building or a terrace of units enabling greater flexibility, the specifications include:
- Two storey flexible building
- Gross area – 3,000 – 16,200 sq ft
- Options to include self-contained terraced units or whole floors
- Offices or laboratory space
- Accessible rear elevation to allow the inclusion of access for larger equipment